EVENT PRODUCTION ASSISTANT // THE POSITION
Currently, we are looking for a highly organized, positive, professional individual to fill the role of Production Assistant and support our producers in the pre-planning and production of large client projects. You will be involved in client meetings, planning meetings, on-site events, and budgeting tasks to make the event a complete success.
The Production Assistant position has growth potential to develop into other roles within WEBB within 2 years.
WHO WE ARE //
WEBB is an event production company handling large-scale live and virtual events ranging from 300 to 30,000 attendees throughout the United States and occasionally outside the US. Together with our clients, we conceptualize, design, produce, build, staff, operate, and manage all aspects of an event.
YOUR BACKGROUND //
Our most successful Production Assistants have the following strengths:
- Positive attitude – as Production Assistant, you are helping tackle challenges as they arise, often with the client present. You help set the tone for the event and must maintain positivity during stressful situations.
- Pro-active – you will generally be provided direction, however, you will also need to look around and see what needs to be done and do what you can in that moment.
- Client focus – you will often interface with clients and must deliver on changing event dynamics with a client-focused approach.
- Flexible – when producing events, no show is the same, flexibility in your role is the one constant.
- Sense of ownership – you own the details. The producer will rely on you to get things done with minimal follow-up.
- Organization – did we mention details? There will be a lot of them. You will need a system to stay on top of calendars, travel, budgets, purchase orders, and our internal software.
- Tech-savvy – besides knowing the essential office tools (word, excel, google drive, basecamp), you will need to learn to use our internal inventory management platform. A large portion of our value add for clients is in Audio Visual gear, and you will need to get comfortable with those terms quickly.
- Passion for events – we have fun while we work because we share a passion for creating top-notch attendee-inspiring events. You’ll like working here best if you share that interest.
QUALITIES AND SKILLS //
Requirements we’ll be looking for:
- 1-2 years of professional work experience, preferably in a client-facing role
- Strengths described in the “about you” section above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Office Suite, including basic spreadsheet knowledge
- Composure in high stress situations.
- Creative Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task/manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Bonus points for experience in a client-facing role with executives and senior-level professionals.
- Will work out of Salt Lake City office on a daily basis; must be willing and able to travel for productions on the road average travel time is ten days a month.
THE WORK //
You’re the secret weapon that helps our Producers bring together events smoothly.
Every event starts with the client. Our producer works directly with the client to understand the event’s goals and ensure we deliver to those goals and budgets. You will be beside the producer through the process and on the show site, ensuring all details get captured and followed up on.
Each show and project varies by nature, but you’ll typically do a combination of the following:
- Client management: Attending client meetings and handling some client interactions as needed
- Event planning: Attend internal meetings and ensure details are appropriately input into internal systems for follow-up by relevant departments
- Event production: Attend events (often outside Utah) and assist where needed. This usually involves running errands, finding crew meals, tracking missing items, etc.
- Vendor interface: Work with sub-contractors and suppliers as needed
- Accounting support: Writing POs and expense reports for the event, helping the producer to manage the determined budget
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT WEBB //
We do great things. We create. We execute. We love our work and are passionate about events and technology. We work together as a team to pull off the extraordinary.
We also offer:
- Competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, HSA with match, ESOP-stock ownership program)
- 100% employee-owned company
- Disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid holidays
At WEBB, we have a vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people can thrive and do their best work. WEBB recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workspace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices.
HOW TO APPLY //
Qualified individuals should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY