\\ HR SR DIRECTOR
WEBB is seeking a Senior Director of Human Resources to support our talented and growing team and oversee our HR Department.
The ideal candidate is a process driven culture builder: someone who can connect at all levels of the organization, is passionate about driving culture, is proactive about change, and creates systems and processes to improve an organization. This person must also have a vision and hands-on method for hiring, training, and retaining talent. Our HR team is small and this position must be a hands on team member as well as a strategic thinker who can implement efficient systems and platforms.
As a member of the WEBB leadership team, this position helps set the tone for the organization and has a voice in major decisions of the company. This position reports directly to the CEO.
\\ ABOUT WEBB
WEBB consists of three divisions: live event production, permanent AV installation,and scenic fabrication, with live event production being our largest division.
Our main activity is producing large-scale live and virtual events that range from 100 to 100,000 attendees throughout the United States and occasionally outside the US. Together, with our clients, we conceptualize, design, produce, build, staff, operate, and manage all aspects of an event.
We have a team of internal full time and part time employees, as well as a bench of talent we rely on for staffing events. We are creatives, dreamers, doers.
\\ Key Areas of Responsibility:
RECRUITMENT AND ONBOARDING
We’re growing and we need a leader to help streamline our hiring processes as well as take a proactive approach to sourcing talent and building our internal and freelance teams.
- Partner with department managers and labor coordinator, identify department needs and take an active role in sourcing and recruiting talent to strengthen our bench.
- Develop recruitment processes and best practices, including implementing an ATS and working with managers to define and standardize job descriptions and postings.
- Advise and coach managers during the interview process and oversee the offer process in conjunction with the CEO and leadership team.
- Together with your team, own the onboarding experience for new employees and work with managers to make sure employees get a strong start at WEBB.
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT & COMPENSATION
- Get to know our employees and their strengths. Partner with managers to help analyze and evaluate their teams and develop coaching plans where needed.
- In partnership with managers, implement a training program at WEBB to continue employees’ skill development while creating a culture of learning.
- Establish a system of employee reviews and partner with managers to implement throughout the organization.
- Act as part of the compensation committee. Create a system of compensation review that keeps WEBB competitive with the market.
- With your team, oversee our annual benefits analysis and open enrollment process.
- Become an expert on WEBB’s ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), other benefit options, and their impact for employees.
- Mentor and develop your direct reports. You will primarily oversee the HR team, but will also be responsible for one operational group as a direct reporting relationship.
- Understand and support the mission and values of WEBB.
- As part of the leadership team of WEBB, you will help set the tone for the company.
- Provide honest, candid, respectful, and constructive feedback as part of leadership meetings and build strong relationships with other leaders on the team.
- Identify and implement opportunities throughout the organization to reinforce culture and foster a positive work environment. Encourage employee feedback and create a system for evaluating such feedback.
- Know our business. Attend WEBB’s live events from time to time to be close to the team and get to know the work they do.
- Steer employee wellness and celebration activities, in conjunction with the leadership team. One of our values is to have fun while we work. HR should own the holiday celebrations, employee recognition opportunities, and wellness initiatives and stay current on new and innovative ideas for these initiatives.
ADMINISTRATION AND COMPLIANCE
- Oversee and update the employee handbook, policies and procedures, and ensure uniform application and compliance with all federal and state employment laws.
- Coach and assist managers through disciplinary employment situations, training and overseeing a practice of documentation and HR compliant practices. Maintain all HR records and reports with appropriate controls to protect employee privacy, utilizing technology and software as appropriate.
- Manage workplace investigations, whether directly or engaging a third party.
\\ Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional or Certified Professional preferred.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or related field a bonus.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, including 3 years of HR leadership.
- Proven success at recruiting is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have reached their position through an HR growth path, with specific expertise in leadership development, recruiting, HR compliance, or compensation.
- Demonstrated success developing/implementing Human Resources system, or comparable administrative system preferred.
- Experience working in live events or with an on demand workforce is desirable but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- System thinker + hands on approach; ability to drive execution and results in a collaborative environment. Proven success at streamlining processes or systems.
- Compassionate leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to actively listen and provide honest, candid, and constructive feedback. Ability to uncover employee motivations and needs and develop strategies to address them.
- Positive and pro-active approach to problems. At WEBB, we face challenges with optimism.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and with consideration of the needs of others.
- Has thorough knowledge of regulations and compliance related to general employment laws related to wage and hour, federal and state rights.
- Is familiar with HRIS, ATS, Payroll and other systems and possesses the ability to learn and implement new technology as needed.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to multiple priorities and details and to meet deadlines.
- Maintains the ability and commitment to keep information confidential and to be discreet, and demonstrated integrity, professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Fosters this practice with all senior leaders and the HR team.
- Ability and desire to learn the events industry inside out, to understand the talent needs and unique requirements of the type of work we do.
\\ Why you’ll love working at WEBB
We do great things. We create. We execute. We love our work and are passionate about events and technology. We work together as a team to pull off the extraordinary.
We also offer:
- Competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, HSA)
- Disability insurance and life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
At WEBB, we have a vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people can thrive and do their best work. WEBB recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We value diversity and encourage all people of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org