WEBB \\ WHO WE ARE
WEBB Production is a creative event production agency handling large scale events that range from 300 to 30,000 attendees throughout the United States and occasionally outside the US. Together, with our clients, we conceptualize, design, produce, build, staff, operate and manage all aspects of an event.
We create. We execute. We love our work and are passionate about events and technology. We work together as a team to pull off the extraordinary.
At WEBB, we have a vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people can thrive and do their best work. WEBB recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We value diversity and encourage all people of underrepresented groups to apply.
SENIOR EVENT PRODUCTION ASSISTANT \\ THE POSITION
We are looking for a highly organized, positive, professional individual to fill the role of Production Assistant and support one of our senior producers in the pre-planning and production of large client projects. You will be involved in client meetings, planning meetings, on-site events, and budgeting tasks with the goal of making the Senior Producer’s events a complete success.
\\ ABOUT YOU
Our most successful Production Assistants have the following strengths –
- Positive Attitude – As Production Assistant, you are helping tackle challenges as they arise, often with the client present. You help set the tone for the event and must maintain positivity during stressful situations.
- Client Focus – You will often interface with clients and will need to deliver on changing event dynamics with a client focused approach.
- Sense of Ownership – You own the details. The producer will rely on you to get things done with very little follow up.
- Organization – Did we mention details? There will be a lot of them. You will need a system to stay on top of calendars, travel, budgets, purchase orders, and our internal software.
- Tech Savvy – In addition to knowing the basic office tools (Word, Excel, Google Drive, Basecamp) you will need to learn to use our internal inventory management platform. A large portion of our value add for clients is in Audio Visual gear, and you will need to get comfortable with those terms quickly.
- Passion for Events – We have fun while we work, because we share a passion for creating top-notch attendee-inspiring events. You’ll like working here best if you share that interest.
\\ THE WORK
You’re the secret weapon that helps our Senior Producers bring together events smoothly. Every event starts with the client. Our producer works directly with the client to understand the goals of the event and make sure we deliver to those goals and budget. You will be beside the producer through the process and on show site, making sure all details get captured and followed up on.
Each show and project varies by nature, but typically you’ll be doing a combination of the following –
- Client Management – Attending client meetings and handling some client interactions as needed
- Event Planning – Attend internal meetings and ensure details are appropriately input into internal systems for follow up by relevant departments
- Event Production – Attend events (often outside Utah) and assist where needed. Often this involves running errands, finding crew meals, tracking down missing items, etc.
- Vendor Interface – Work with sub-contractors and suppliers as needed
- Accounting Support – Creating POs and expense reports for the Senior Producer and the event
\\ THE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years of professional work experience, preferably in a client facing role
- Strengths described in the “About You” section above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google calendar and Gmail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task/manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Bonus points for accounting experience
- Bonus points for Basecamp experience
- Bonus points for experience in a client-facing role with executives and senior level professionals.
- Will work out of Salt Lake City office on a daily basis; must be willing and able to travel for productions on the road.
\\ THE PERKS
- Competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, HSA)
- Disability insurance and life insurance
- Employee kitchen with subsidized meals
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays